Warm Lobster and Mediterranean Vegetable Salad
Appetizer: Serves 6 people
This recipe needs
- 1 pkg Clearwater Knuckle and Claw RAW lobster meat
- 2 Medium Zucchini cut in long ribbons
- 1 Shallot minced fine
- 2 Garlic cloves minced fine
- 1 Red onion diced small
- ½ Red pepper diced small
- ½ Yellow pepper diced small
- ½ Green pepper diced small
- 10 Thyme sprigs with leaves picked off
- 1 bundle Chives snipped
- 1 Tomato diced (optional)
- ½ Lemon Juice and zest
- ½ Orange Juice and zest
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1 tsp Red wine vinegar
- 4 Tbsp Olive oil xv
- Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Place zucchini in a mixing bowl with diced peppers. In a heavy bottom pan over low heat warm garlic and shallot in 2 Tbsp of olive oil.
- Rinse lobster meat under cold water and dry. Season meat with salt and pepper.
- Add meat to the pan when garlic is aromatic and starting to become translucent.
- Take care not to brown garlic. Cover pan and cook for two - three minutes gently shaking pan occasionally.
- Add orange and lemon zest with juice and cover again. After two more minutes add onion and vinegar with honey.
- Toss to coat evenly with remaining olive oil and add to remaining ingredients in mixing bowl.
- Add tomato. Distribute evenly amongst four plates.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and another sprinkle of sea salt and pepper.
- This is an excellent appetizer or with the addition of a simple rice pilaf, and garlic toast and divided amongst 4 plates instead of 6 you have a substantial main course plate.