Coldwater Shrimp Quiche
This recipe needs
- 1 lb Cold Water Shrimp, drained and patted dry
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup Gouda, shredded
- ½ cup Swiss cheese, shredded
- Pinch Ground nutmeg
- Pinch Salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 1 large Pre-formed piecrust
- Pre heat oven to 350F.
- Cook pre-cook piecrust for 15 minutes until golden. Set aside to cool while you make filling.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until yolk and whites are combined.
- Add half and half, cheeses, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Stir well until combined.
- Add shrimp and carefully stir thoroughly.
- Pour contents into pie shell and return to oven for 55 minutes.
- Check close to time. If it is golden on top and cooked through, remove from oven to a cooling rack and cool slightly.
- If not yet cooked, add five minutes to your timer and check again. Serve while still warm.