Pernod and Orange Glazed Clearwater Frozen Mussels
- 1 x 2 lb. bag Clearwater Mussels, shucked (reserve shells)
- 1 tbsp. Pernod
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- salt and pepper
- ¼ cup each red pepper, yellow pepper and green pepper finely diced
- Place the Pernod, orange juice and cornstarch in a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Season with salt and pepper then add the peppers and allow to simmer until the peppers have become slightly softened.
- Add the shucked mussels to this mixture, toss to coat, then place the mussels back in their shells with the Pernod sauce and peppers coating them.
- Place in the refrigerator and serve chilled as an appetizer or hors d’oeuvres.