Pan Roasted Scallop with Cauliflower Puree
This recipe needs
- 2.5 pounds FAS Sea Scallops, 20-30 count
- 1 head Cauliflower
- 1 cup Cream
- 1/4 cup Vegetable oil
- 10 Fennel seeds
- Sea Salt as required
- Pepper as required
- 1 bunch Chives, snipped
- Cook cauliflower until very tender in salted water with fennel seeds.
- Drain water and add cream to the pot.
- Simmer 2 minutes and then puree until smooth.
- Preheat a heavy bottom sauté pan on high heat.
- Dry scallops on a clean kitchen towel and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Sear scallops in hot oil, taking care not to crowd the pan, for about 1 minute per side.
- Place a spoon of cauliflower puree on each plate and top with 3 seared scallops and a pinch of snipped chives