Entrée, Serves: 4
- 500 ml dry white wine
- 250 g dried cranberries
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 large shallot
- zest of 1 lemon & juice of ½
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium cleaned, diced celery root
- 1 medium Yukon potato, diced (slightly smaller than celery root)
- 250 ml 35% cream
- 250 ml low fat milk
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp sweet butter
- 1 tsp honey
- salt & white pepper
- 2 cups of cleaned mustard greens, stalks minced, leaves coarsely chopped
- 8 stalks of asparagus (blanched & pealed if large) cut in ½
- 1 large shallot minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp pommery mustard
Red Wine Reduction
- 500 ml red wine
- 150 ml balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 large bay leaf
- salt to taste
- Place all ingredients, except for olive oil in a small stainless pot. Bring to a simmer.
- Cover pot with lid set ajar, cook until cranberries are soft & liquid has reduced by 2/3. Let cool at room temperature.
- With a hand blender or food processor, lightly pulse the cranberry mixture. At this point, add the olive oil, season with kosher salt. Refrigerate up to 2 weeks.
- Place all ingredients (except for nutmeg and cinnamon) in a medium sized pot. Cook until celery root & potatoes are tender.
- Place in a blender with 3 tablespoons of liquid, blend until smooth. Add spices. Adjust consistency with remaining liquid.
- Check seasoning. Should have a thin, silky mash potato consistency.
- Over medium high heat, sauté garlic & shallot in olive oil.
- When golden brown, add asparagus & mustard green stems. Cook for one minute until warm.
- Add mustard greens pommery mustard. Adjust seasoning.
Red Wine Reduction
Place ingredients in a pot; reduce over medium high heat by ¾. Reserve in a warm spot. Heat before serving.
- Sear 5 seasoned scallops per person over high heat (20 in total) until golden brown on both sides but still rare in the center. (One minute per side).
- Place on an ovenproof tray, topping each scallop with ½ teaspoon of the cranberry chutney. Place in 425º oven for 4-6 minutes.
- Gently heat celery root purée & mask bottom of plate.
- Meanwhile the mustard green are heated and seasoned. Place them in the middle of celery root. Spread out to form a base for the scallops./li>
- Remove Scallops from oven, place on top of mustard greens. Drizzle red wine reduction around perimeter of plate.