Butter Poached Lobster
Appetizer: Serves 10 people
This recipe needs
- 125ml White wine (Riesling)
- 2 Shallots minced fine
- 3 Tbsp Butter (salt free)
- 20oz Clearwater Raw Lobster meat
- 750ml Heavy cream (35%)
- 400g Sweet corn kernels
- 1 Tbsp Snipped chives
- 1 stalk Celery peeled and minced fine
- ½ Vanilla bean
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- In a saucepan melt 1 tbsp of butter with 1/2 of the shallots and cook gently until shallot is translucent.
- Add Lobster and wine and cook gently until lobster is barely cooked through. Remove lobster meat and reserve warm.
- Add celery, shallot, vanilla bean and 3/4 of the corn and stir until mixture begins to dry.
- Add the heavy cream and bring to a boil. Puree and strain. Add remaining corn and stir in butter.
- Divide among 10 bowls and place a couple slices of lobster in the center.
- Add snipped chives and a sprinkle of good sea salt and a crack of pepper.
- Serve at once.