Appetizer, Salad, Serves: 4
- ½ lb Asparagus spears, trimmed
- 20 Clearwater Canadian Sea scallops, thawed and dried
- 2 cups Mixed salad greens
- 12 Cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ Tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp White wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Wholegrain mustard
- 1 tsp Clear honey
- Salt & pepper
- Make salad dressing using olive oil, white wine vinegar, wholegrain mustard, clear honey and seasoning.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan.
- Add asparagus spears in a single layer then season and cook gently for 5 minutes until the asparagus is just tender.
- Lift from the pan and set aside.
- Increase the heat under the pan then cook scallops in batches for about a minute each side until cooked and pale golden.
- Pile salad leaves on to plates and top with the warm asparagus, cherry tomatoes and the scallops.
- Spoon over the dressing, scatter with a few crispy croutons and parmesan cheese shavings.