- 20 pc Split raw lobsters
- 1 cup Butter
- 1/3 cup Garlic, minced fine
- 2 lemons Juice and zest
- 2 bunches Thyme , fresh
- 2 Tbsp Sea salt
- Pepper, fresh cracked as required
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- Allow split lobsters to thaw overnight in refrigerator. (If using whole frozen do the same and split in half)
- Remove split lobsters from packaging and remove claw and knuckle meat and reserve.
- In a small sauce pan melt butter with garlic, 1/2 of the thyme, lemon zest and juice and reserve.
- Season the split lobsters generously with salt and pepper.
- Working in batches, sear the split lobsters flesh side down in olive oil until golden and place on a sheet pan.
- Drizzle with some of the Garlic lemon butter and sprinkle with remaining thyme, place in a 200oC oven for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a small sauté pan cook the claw and knuckle meat in remaining garlic lemon butter.
- When lobsters are removed from oven top with sautéed claw and knuckle meat.