Raw Lobster Tails
Convenient and consumer-friendly, Clearwater’s Raw Lobster Tails are ideal for quick and easy preparation.
Clearwater’s Raw Lobster Tails are a ready-to-cook product that come in a frozen raw meat format. Through a specialized high pressure extraction process, the raw lobster meat is released from its shell and then frozen, locking in incredible flavour. This versatile product can be prepared in a variety of applications, without the inconvenience of cooking and shelling live lobster.
* Per 100g serving
Defrost: For best results, defrost in the package in the refrigerator overnight. For quick thaw, place the package in cold water for 1 hour.
- Remove the defrosted meat from the package. (If you are using the “poach in package” method, do not remove packaging).
- Lightly rinse under cold water and gentry pat dry. You can remove the vein that runs down the length of the tail either before or after cooking. Our delicious lobster can be sautéed, grilled or poached in minutes.
- Lobster is cooked when the meat feels firm and springs back when lightly touched and the internal temperature is 68°C (155°F).
Poach in the Package:
- Remove label before placing in boiling water.
- Place the package into 2 litres of boiling water.
- Turn the heat off, cover and let sit for 4 minutes. Remove the lobster from the water and let stand for 1 minute.
- Remove from the package.
- Drain any of the natural juices remaining in the bag and reserve for use in stocks or sauces.
- Slice the tail crosswise into 4 equal pieces.
- Season with fresh cracked pepper.
- In a pan over medium heat add clarified butter or vegetable oil and sauté for 1 minute on each side.
- Let rest for 1 minute in the pan and serve immediately. If desired, add a pinch of curry powder or fresh thyme.