Lobster Cakes with Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce
Serves 4 as an appetizer, 2 as an entrée
This recipe needs
- 8 oz Clearwater Raw Lobster Claw and Knuckle meat, rinsed under cold water and diced
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup red pepper finely diced
- 1/4 cup celery finely diced
- 1 shallot minced
- 1/4 fennel minced
- 3 eggs beaten
- 2 cups panko crumbs
- 1 tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1/2 cup flour
- Sea salt and pepper
- 1/2 pound mixed greens
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 lime juice and zest
- 1 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- In a heavy bottom pan sauté red pepper, celery, fennel and shallots. Once vegetables are soft add lobster meat and gently cook. Season with sea salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl and let cool.
- Once cool, mix 1 egg, lemon juice and 1/4 cup of panko crumbs into lobster mixture.
- Form lobster mixture into 4 1″ thick cakes. Place onto baking sheet and freeze for 1/2 hour.
- In three separate shallow containers add remaining panko crumbs in to one, egg beaten with 1 tbsp water into another and flour into the last one.
- Starting with the flour dredge lobster cakes once coated in flour place into egg mixture. Coat with egg and then place into Panko crumbs. Coat and set on new baking sheet.
- Cook cakes on medium heat in olive oil until golden brown on each side.
- Serve cakes on a small plate with a handful of mixed greens and a drizzle of sweet chili dipping sauce.
- For the Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce, mix all ingredients together and serve with lobster cakes.