Canadian Sea Scallop Tapas with Pepperjack Crostini
Serves 8 as an Hors d`Oeuvre, serves 4 as an Entrée.
This recipe needs
- 1 ½ lb Canadian Sea Scallops
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- 1~4 oz jar Diced Pimiento, including liquid
- 2 Tbsp. Garlic, fresh, finely minced
- 1 bunch Green onions, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Lime Juice, fresh
- 2 tsp. Tabasco Sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In large bowl, toss scallops with olive oil until all scallops are well coated.
- Place large sauté pan over high heat. When pan is very hot, arrange scallops one layer thick and sauté for 1 ½ to 2 minutes.
- Turn scallops and add remaining ingredients. Toss and continue to sauté for an additional 1 ½ to 2 minutes over high heat.
- As an Hors d`Oeuvre: Serve scallops on individual plates accompanied by Pepperjack Crostini, or serve on a large platter allowing your guests to serve themselves.
- As an Entrée: Deglaze pan with one cup of cream, white wine or stock (chicken, clam or fish) and serve over hot pasta, garnishing with chopped parsley and shredded Asiago cheese.