Barbecued Lobster with Red Pepper and Lime Butter
This recipe needs
- 4 Clearwater Lobsters
- 1 Red bell pepper, roasted, peeled and seeded
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 cup Butter, softened
- 2 Limes, juice and zest
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pinch Cayenne pepper
- 2 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup Fresh chives and coriander, chopped
- Ground black pepper, coarse
- Lemon wedges as garnish
- 40g Butter
- ¼ cup Cream
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil; plunge in lobsters for 4-6 minutes to blanch. Remove and cool lobsters until you can handle them. Cut in half, lengthwise, remove viscera, and crack claws.
- Preheat oven to 425oF. Brush red pepper with oil, place on a baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes, turning several times.
- Remove from oven and cool. Carefully peel off pepper skin, remove seeds and chop pepper.
- Place softened butter, red pepper, zest and juice from limes in a blender and process until smooth.
- Season with salt, pepper and cayenne. Set aside at room temperature.
- Prepare marinade by combining olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, chives, coriander and black pepper.
- Rub thoroughly over lobster and let stand 20 minutes. Barbecue lobster flesh-side down on a hot grill until golden.
- Turn, brush flesh with red pepper butter and cook, shell side down for another 6-8 minutes.
- Allow the lobster to rest on warm plates, top remaining red pepper butter.